The Coronavirus cure: Could Vitamin C be the wonder vaccine we need? China’s COVID-19 specialists believe so
Intravenous vitamin C is already being widely used in China against COVID-19 coronavirus. Richard Z. Cheng (MD, PhD) the OMNS Chinese Edition editor has reported very encouraging and promising results coming from the first study conducted in China with real COVID-19 patients. He has consequently called for immediate use of vitamin C for prevention of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Direct Report From China on the use of Vitamin C with Coronavirus patients
Chinese scientists are administering high amounts of vitamin C on patients diagnosed with the coronavirus. Researchers at the Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University are giving those infected daily infusions of 24g of vitamin C for seven days.
This comes after the approval of 3 major clinical trials in China specifically rolled out to study the effects of high-dose IV vitamin C for the treatment of COVID-19. Since then, the Shanghai Medical Association has released an expert consensus statement on the comprehensive treatment of COVID-19 where they endorse and recommend the use of high-dose IV vitamin C for the illness.
See it for yourself, the official Video statements from Dr. Richard Z. Cheng regarding the use of Vitamin C to prevent and manage COVID-19 Infections
In a series of YouTube videos released over the last two weeks, Dr. Richard Cheng, Chinese Edition Editor of the Orthomolecular Medicine News Service said the so-called “Shanghai Plan” published on March 1 is the first and only official government guideline for using vitamin C for something as serious as the novel coronavirus.
Dr. Cheng states that the principle investigator of the first high-dose IV vitamin C trial in China has told him that the preliminary results of the study are promising. The investigator said the administration of 24 grams per day to COVID-19 patients leads to significant reductions in inflammation. Dr. Cheng said this is notable because massive inflammation in the lungs and potentially other organs may be fatal in the illness. Watch the videos for yourself:
Statement from Dr. Cheng regarding the need to administer large dosages of Vitamin C early after admission for the successful treatment of COVID-19:
“Early and sufficiently large doses of intravenous vitamin C are critical. Vitamin C is not only a prototypical antioxidant, but also involved in virus killing and prevention of viral replication. The significance of large dose intravenous vitamin C is not just at antiviral level. It is acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) that kills most people from coronaviral pandemics (SARS, MERS and now NCP). ARDS is a common final pathway leading to death.”
Important Milestones in the use of Vitamin C for COVID-19 related illnesses
- UPDATE 13 FEB 2020: A second clinical trial of intravenous vitamin C was announced in China
- UPDATE 20 FEB 2020: 4 patients with severe new coronaviral pneumonia recovered from the C10 West Ward of Tongji Hospital and another 8 patients were discharged from hospital after being successfully treated with high-dose Vitamin C.
- UPDATE 21 FEB 2020: Announcement was made that a third research trial had been approved for intravenous vitamin C treatment for COVID-19.
- UPDATE 08 MAR 2020: A medical team from the Second Affiliated Hospital of Xi’an Jiaotong University in China has reported the successful treatment of coronavirus patients with vitamin C where some suffering from severe coronary pneumonia, a potentially fatal complication of the new coronavirus COVID-19, have recovered after being treated with high doses of the vitamin. Official press release here
- UPDATE 23 MAR 2020: According to official statistics, China defeats the Coronavirus outbreak after reporting only one locally transmitted case of COVID-19 in 5 days.
The numbers in China are promising
According to official statistics, China has defeated the Coronavirus. Health authorities have reported only one new locally transmitted case of Covid-19 between the 18/03/2020 and the 23/03/2020, a patient in Guangdong province infected by someone travelling from abroad. In Wuhan, the centre of the outbreak and the country’s worst-hit area, officials on Monday the 23/03/2020 reported a fifth day without new cases.
The preliminary findings about the use of Vitamin C with Coronavirus affected patients as stated by Chinese experts
- Early application of vitamin C can have a strong antioxidant effect, reduce inflammatory responses, and improve endothelial function.
- High-dose vitamin C improves antiviral levels and can prevent and treat acute lung injury and acute respiratory distress.
- The dose recommended in the Shanghai Medical Association (SMA) consensus is 50 to 100 mg per kilogram of bodyweight per day. For severe and critically ill patients, up to 200 mg per kilogram of bodyweight per day is advised, injected intravenously.
News of vitamin C research for COVID-19 are being actively suppressed by Google and Facebook
Despite the overwhelming evidence and numbers coming from China, anyone saying that vitamin therapy can stop coronavirus is already being labeled as “promoting false information” and promulgating “fake news.” Even the sharing of verifiable news, and direct quotes from credentialed medical professionals, is being restricted or blocked on social media.
Indeed, the World Health Organization (WHO) has, literally, met with Google and Facebook and other media giants to stop the spread of what they declare to be wrong information. See this.
Ironically, Facebook and Google, currently blocking any significant users sharing of the news of approved vitamin therapy research, are themselves blocked in China by the Chinese government. As for the internet, yes, China has it. And yes, it is censored. But, significantly, the Chinese government has not blocked this real news on how intravenous vitamin C will save lives in the COVID-19 epidemic. Here is the protocol as published in Chinese.
Medical orthodoxy obsessively focuses on searching for a vaccine and/or drug for coronavirus COVID-19. While they are looking for what would be fabulously profitable approaches, we have with vitamin C an existing, plausible, clinically demonstrated method to treat what coronavirus patients die from: severe acute respiratory syndrome, or pneumonia.
Is Vitamin C the miracle solution to prevent and treat novel coronavirus? Hopefully, ongoing studies will provide the final answer. In the meantime, the results from the preliminary studies and the large number of patients responding to the treatment in China are encouraging. While studies and clinical trials progress, make sure to follow the recommended precautions to keep yourself and loved ones safe from the virus, including social distancing and washing your hands frequently. Seek medical attention if you develop fever, coughing, and shortness of breath. Ready to try something different? Why not try High Dose Vitamin C IV Treatments today? IV Klinik are Sydney Specialists in the delivery of high dosage Vitamin C IV Drips and shots. Click here to see our range.
Sources, references and further reading
- Dr Richard Cheng Official YouTube channel. See it here.
- For a verified official statement from Xi’an Jiaotong University Second Hospital (In Chinese). See it here
- U.S. government’s National Cancer Institute recently published a long article on intravenous high-dose vitamin C in cancer therapy. See it here
- Has China beaten the Coronavirus? (The Guardian). See it here.
- Facebook, Amazon, Google and more met with WHO to figure out how to stop coronavirus misinformation. See it here.
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to source the information included in this article from reputable and trustworthy sources which are also referenced on this page. However, the author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness